MBPC is seeking two legislative interns for the 2019 Montana Legislative Session. Positions will be full-time and temporary, starting December 2018 and running through the end of April 2019. We are looking for highly-motivated individuals with a lot of drive, as well as brains and perseverance in the face of challenging and often fast-paced work.
The team at MBPC is passionate about economic policies that create a fair opportunity for everyone to work, learn, and improve their lives in Montana. Our interns must be equally passionate about including and elevating the voices of those left out of conversations about economic policies, including women, seniors, people with disabilities, American Indians, and low-income families.
Duties and Responsibilities
Legislative interns will provide support to the entire MBPC team during the 2019 Legislative Session. Duties maybe include but are not limited to:
- Tracking legislation and providing staff with daily updates on hearing schedules, committee meetings, and legislative progress
- Assist in drafting and editing of advocacy, educational, outreach, and lobbying materials
- Attending committee hearings and taking detailed notes to the MBPC team
- Monitoring the progress of the state budget
- Compiling daily news clips
- Providing rapid response support to MBPC lobbying team including quick printing of materials
- Assist with the organization’s web presence, including website, social media platforms, in a manner consistent with MBPC’s messaging
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Education
- A commitment to MBPC’s mission
- An understanding of Montana’s political or policy environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office Suite
To Apply: Send an email with attached resume and cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position to: Kirsten Gerbatsch at email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Finalists will be asked to submit a writing sample and references.
MBPC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBT community are encouraged to apply.