The Montana Budget and Policy Center is dedicated to advancing responsible tax, budget and economic policies through credible research and analysis in order to promote opportunity and fairness for all Montanans. Since its founding in 2008, MBPC has become a trusted resource for information on important fiscal debates that will shape Montanans’ future.
MPBC, headquartered in Helena, is seeking a new highly-qualified Senior Fiscal Policy Analyst to lead the organization’s research and analysis of fiscal policies.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Fiscal Policy Analyst will report directly to the Co-Director of Research and Development and will serve as the chief researcher on MBPC’s work on tax and fiscal policy and assist with research in other focus areas, determined by the organization’s leadership, priority policy agenda, and grant requirements. The Senior Analyst will provide key findings and develop related policy recommendations, policy briefs, fact sheets, reports, presentations, and papers. The Senior Analyst will serve as the chief presenter of MBPC’s fiscal work and facilitate relationships with key partners in these policy areas.
A successful candidate will have the following experiences, qualifications, and expertise:
- A commitment to MBPC’s mission;
- A graduate degree in public policy, economics, or related research field;
- Five or more years of research or analytical work on fiscal and economic policy issues;
- Demonstrated capacity for communication with decision makers and collaboration with stakeholders, including the ability to communicate respectfully with diverse people of varied economic, racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual orientations;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex or technical information clearly to a range of audiences both in writing and through public speaking;
- Background leading highly qualified professional staff;
- An ability to think strategically and create a collaborative working environment;
- A demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice;
- An understanding of Montana’s political and policy environment;
- A sense of humor;
- Knowledge of the legislative and budget process in Montana preferred; and
- A commitment to excellence.
MBPC offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and matched retirement. The ideal candidate will work full time and be based in Helena. However, a truly outstanding candidate who is based elsewhere in Montana will be considered.
To Apply: Send an email with attached resume and separate cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position to: Heather O’Loughlin, Co-Director, Montana Budget and Policy Center, email@example.com.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. However, candidates are encouraged to apply by August 23, 2018 in order to be considered for the first round of interviews. Finalists will be asked to submit a writing sample and references.
MBPC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBT community are encouraged to apply.