Registration is closed for the Partnership for Montana’s Future and Montana Budget and Policy Center’s 2nd Legislative Summit.
The summit will be at the Gateway Center, 1710 National Ave, Helena, Mt 59601.
WHAT’S AT THE SUMMIT?
Day 1 – Taking a Seat at the Table: Strategies for Leaders from Indian Country
Leaders from Indian Country will come together to discuss tactics and strategies that are effective for making progressive policy a reality for American Indians in Montana.
- Provide workshops that will increase involvement of leaders from Indian Country in the Montana Legislative Sessions.
- Facilitate discussions about inter-tribal budget policy priorities for 2015 legislative session.
- Provide a space for leaders from Indian Country to meet advocates from nonprofit organizations and learn about ways these groups can support progressive changes in tribal communities.
Who should attend: State and Tribal elected officials, grassroots leaders, program directors, young leaders, community activists, and others who are interested in learning more about becoming active in the state legislative process.
Day 2 – Making an Impact: Advocacy for the 2015 Legislative Session
National and state experts, influential state leaders, elected officials and experienced policy analysts and advocates offering their insights and expertise.
- Discussions of key tax, budget, health care, education, conservation, labor and other issues at the forefront of Montana.
- Sessions to coordinate work during the session to build a strong economy, fight poverty, and reduce inequality.
- Workshops to build skills and learn from one another.
- Opportunities to network and share lessons and strategy with colleagues from around the state.
Who should attend: Participants from day 1, Legislators, advocates, policy makers, friends, and others who want to learn more about issues regarding the budget, health care, education, conservation, and labor, and learn how coordinate with partners on these critical issues in the 2015 Legislative Session.
Day 2 – Keynote: Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever
Our evening reception will feature an inspiring keynote address by Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever an accomplished scholar, writer, and public speaker. She is an authority on race, gender and the economy, poverty, inequality of educational and economic opportunity, and issues of privilege, power and policy in the US. We are excited to have such an incredible speaker join us. If you cannot make the entire summit, but would like to hear Dr. Jones-DeWeever register below for the reception.
The Partnership for Montana’s Future is a coalition of organizations that believes Montanans deserve strong, safe, and healthy communities, and the opportunity to realize their full potential.
For more information or to become a sponsor contact Tara Jensen at 406-422-5848.